School of Architecture Administrative Manager
- Handling the administrative matters of the day-to-day operations and procedures, meetings and events of the department and its associated programs.
- Assisting in the development of department budgets.
- Maintaining and monitoring accounts, budgets, and expenditures of departmental faculty, staff and students.
- Coordinating, processing and implementing human resources management tasks of departmental faculty, staff and students.
- Coordinating payroll for the department and its associated programs.
- Facilitating and processing performance reviews of departmental faculty, staff and students by the department chair and program directors.
- Collecting, organizing and analyzing data for specialized reports.
- Advising and assisting graduate students with academic and financial aid concerns and interfacing with the Graduate School and International Students & Scholars office. Recruiting potential graduate students.
- Monitoring graduate student academic progression and graduation, and maintaining student and alumni records.
- Coordinating purchasing activities, personnel actions, document control, and account coding for financial transactions and overseeing the maintenance of departmental records.
- Providing administrative support to the department chair and program directors.
- Processing graduate and undergraduate admissions and providing support to Admissions Committee.
- Developing fall, spring and summer course schedules.
Jay has been the Administrative Manager for the School of Architecture since June 2023. Jay recently returned to Salt Lake City after a few years on the west coast in Seattle. He has worked in higher education for six years with institutions like The University of Washington and Utah State University.