The University of Utah utilizes an online admission application system called “SLATE.” The application can be completed online and submitted electronically once all required fields on the application have been completed. As a new user of the application system, you will first need to create a user account. After creating a user account, a unique PIN and password will be issued to you. The PIN and password will enable you to access, input and save information.
Application Deadlines and Requirements
To be considered for admission into the Master of Architecture (M.Arch) program, applicants must have a fully completed application on file with the School by the deadline corresponding to the semester the applicant wishes to enter the program:
Fall Semester (2-year M.Arch program), Summer Semester (3+ MArch. program): January 10
(Priority deadline for admissions and scholarships is January 10th. After January 10th rolling admissions until May 1st.)
Please note the following requirements for admission:
- Application Form
- Personal Statement
- (2) Letters of Recommendation
- Digital Portfolio
- Transcripts for undergraduate degree
- English proficiency testing scores (for international students)
Program Information for the Online Application System
The following information provides tips on how to correctly complete specific sections of the online application. The headings below relate to the major sections in the online form.Program Information:
- Intended graduate program and degree: “Architecture MAR"
- Emphasis area: “Regular”
- Application Term and Year: “Fall” for 2-year, “Summer” for 3+
Academic Background and Interest
Full-time or part-time status: Full-time attendance is required in the School of Architecture. Part-time status is only granted under special circumstances.
Master of Architecture Admissions Checklist
- Complete pre-professional undergraduate architecture degree prior to desired entrance into the 2 yr M.Arch program (or an undergraduate degree in another field for 3+ M.Arch program)
- Have a cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or better
- Submit an online graduate admissions application by January 10th
- Pay application fee
- Submit a digital portfolio to University of Utah School of Architecture via email, by January 10th
- Include a full resume.